Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Looking for an Organization to Support this Holiday Season?

Would you like to make a difference to people who need your support? Consider a donation to:

The National Alliance on Mental Illness

The Asperger's Association of New England

Autism Speaks

Susan G. Komen for the Cure

Facing Our Risk of Cancer Empowered (FORCE)

I know you're not surprised to see the autism/Asperger's/mental health links. Want to know why I've got the breast cancer links up there? My older sister, whom I call Sue on this blog, died of breast cancer at the age of 36, and I am a previvor -- someone unfortunate enough to carry one of the gene mutations that inclines a person toward breast (and ovarian) cancer.

These are all excellent organizations that are making a difference in a lot of people's lives. Check them out if you have a chance. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment