Tuesday, December 20, 2011

On iPods, Hanukkah, and Music

Tonight is the first night of Hanukkah, and I am trying to decide which gifts to give first. Let me say that I am extremely proud of my economical shopping this year. (Of course, I'll probably regret the MP3 player and binoculars with digital camera I bought Ben at CVS, each for under $30; they're bound not to work, or work for two days and then implode.) 

I had fun shopping for Saskia, especially since I found (and bought) something I used and loved when I was her age in 1977: Love's Fresh Lemon and Love's Baby Soft perfumes. (Did any of you, Readers, use these scents when you were teenagers?) When I saw them at CVS I almost screamed -- I'd been nostalgic for Love's Fresh Lemon for years. I'd even told Lars about it ("If ONLY they still made LFL -- I would wear it and you would love it. Or else"). Well, folks, they still make it. And need I tell you I bought both perfumes for Saskia, and the lemon one for myself? Yeah!

But what I've been thinking about this morning is music, and what Benjy might like on his MP3 player. When he's talked about it he's suggested he might like something relaxing and classical (Vivaldi, anyone?). I can advise him on the classical, since that's my kind of music, and Saskia can advise him on That Which is Cool.

I do have my own iPod, an iPod Touch that I'm considering giving to Saskia to replace her oh-so-uncool and dated Nano.

My iPod touch has guys on it who look like this:

And this:

And this:

Okay, you can stop laughing. Really, it's okay. You don't need to laugh. I KNOW I'm a loser.

Once Saskia gets her paws on the iPod, I assume it will be filled with 200 songs by Fallout Boy. I tried to post an image of Fallout Boy but my computer immediately shut down. I'm trying to figure out the significance of that.


So, what's on your iPod? Oh -- and Happy Hanukkah!

No comments:

Post a Comment